Compelling photography can help tell your story and enhance your key messages. The more interesting your photo that accompanies your news release, the greater your chances of media pick-up.
CNW Group offers some great tips in a video entitled ‘Photos the Media Will Notice’ with some great examples of the following:
- Be creative. A shot of the shop floor is more interesting than the “grip and grin.”
- Be bright. Lighting can make the difference between a spectacular photo and a terrible one.
- Use tight, detailed shots. They add flavour to the story, creating intimacy with the viewer.
- Capture actions and reactions. Don’t stage your photos!
- Include a caption. Give your photo context.
- Let a professional do it.
Do you have an eye for effective PR photos?
Vote for the winner of CNW’s 2013 Photo of the Year Contest!
After you vote, you’ll see if your number one choice is garnishing the most attention. How did you do?
Deanna White has always been passionate about marketing and public relations. Owner of storylinePR, Deanna is best known for taking it beyond the pitch. For building brands & bottom lines with the right channels to share your story. http://www.storylinepr.ca.