[tweetmeme source=”storylinePR” only_single=false]The majority of my clients are Ottawa-based who are looking to get their news in the hands of local media. When I encourage them to have their release translated to French to send to the French media outlets as well, it amazes me that this is most often overlooked.
The reason this is so quickly dismissed comes down to the notion that it costs more. The truth of the matter is that the majority of the budget associated with developing a PR campaign has already been spent. The cost to develop a strategy, key messaging, creating the release for distribution to the Ottawa market is complete. Having the release translated and sent to a targeted list of French media outlets is a small fraction of the budget.
I persuade clients to consider the French media for several reasons. The most obvious reason is that when communicating their news to a broader market, they reach a wider audience that is practically in their backyard. Here are few more:
- It’s cost effective – the hard work is already done
- It generates traffic – be it new customers or online visits
- You’ll gain recognition over time in new untapped communities
- You’ll build your business brand in undiscovered niche markets
- You’ll build relationships – not only with the audience but also with the media
Now that you have 5 reasons to take a closer look in your own backyard, so why not consider creating your next release – en français?